News: Frankly Speaking
The enhanced PowerSewer® System allows for single-person access to every component from the top of the basin. It is ideal for nearly any terrain, offers abundant dry well tank storage, and is compatible with the FPS grinder pump portfolio providing up to 414,000 cuts per minute with a max shut-off head of up to 200 feet and a flow of 35 gpm. Our leading support team provides everything needed to easily drop it into the written spec, followed by dedicated on-site support.
Click here to see the video.
Franklin Electric is pleased to officially announce the launch of the redesigned and enhanced FPS PowerSewer® System as a more flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. This low-pressure sewer system pumps wastewater to a collection or treatment area, making it a proven alternative to gravity sewer systems and septic tanks.
Features & Benefits
- Internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components.
- Updated tank design provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components.
- Spring-loaded float tree is easily removable.
- An isolated pump support can accommodate heavier pumps for expanded applications.
- Compatible with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps, including the new FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series, and any single-phase, three-phase, manual, or automatic version of Franklin Electric’s high head grinder pumps.
- Increased wall thickness results in a more robust and durable basin.
- Available in 60-, 72-, 84-, and 96-inch basin sizes.
The FPS PowerSewer System is shipped complete from the factory, further simplifying installation. The system can be installed almost anywhere a home can be built, regardless of topography or soil type. Low-pressure sewage systems can eliminate expensive lift stations and the deep trenching of gravity systems, plus they do not require the utilization of costly onsite drainage fields. The watertight collection system minimizes the chance of leaks and water intrusion, making it safer, cleaner, and healthier for the community. The FPS PowerSewer System from Franklin Electric is ideal for those applications where traditional gravity sewer systems are not always practical and sometimes impossible.
For more information on the FPS PowerSewer System, click here.
WEFTEC 2017, the world’s largest annual water quality technical conference and exhibition, was yet again filled with some of the industry’s most innovative people, companies, and products. If you missed it, click here or the image below for a look at the show from our point of view.
Join us for an interactive in-booth experience with a variety of training opportunities and innovative technology and products at WEFTEC 2017 in booth 3643 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, October 2-4.
New to the booth this year will be multiple hands-on training sessions that will allow attendees to hone their craft and learn about innovative ways to solve their daily challenges. The current schedule for these 15-minute, interactive training sessions is:
- Monday, October 2nd
- 9:30 a.m. – VR Series: A Multitude of Possibilities
- 10:30 a.m. – FE Select: Leveraging Application-based Sizing Software
- 1:30 p.m. – Non-Clog Series: For Rugged and Harsh Applications
- Tuesday, October 3rd
- 9:30 a.m. – Double Your Backup System at Half Your Spend
- 10:30 a.m. – Stay Connected, Be Protected with SubMonitor Connect
- 1:30 p.m. – V4 PowerSewer® System: Alternative Collection Option
In addition, the booth will feature interactive demonstration areas and displays featuring numerous innovations, including:
- FE SelectTM – This digital pump selector software tool makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and distributors. It walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data needed to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Enhanced FPS PowerSewer® System – A flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. The basin’s internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components. The updated tank design provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components. The float tree is spring loaded and easily removable, with a lift handle to simplify pump removal. It features an isolated pump support that accommodates heavier pumps for expanded applications, and it is compatible with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps.
- SubMonitor Connect – Features the innovative FE Connect App that provides three-phase motor protection with the enhanced capabilities of real-time performance monitoring and logging to improve troubleshooting. Other features include: a simple plug-and-play design, universal power supply, 1% power metering, and a NEMA 4X rated display.
WEFTEC 2017 is right around the corner, and we would love to see you in Chicago! Now, you can get in the doors free of charge. Franklin Electric is providing a complimentary registration to all current and potential customers so you can see the latest and greatest the industry has to offer, including our new PowerSewer® System. Follow these easy steps to sign up today:
- Click the link below
- Click “Complimentary Expo Only registration” link
- Click “Go” in the attendee section
- If you have a username and password from a past year, enter it here. If not, go down and register a new account by clicking “Click here to register” on the 4th link below the login area.
Franklin Electric is in booth 3643. See you soon!
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the introduction of the FBC Series Single-Stage Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps to the F Series portfolio of products. The FBC Series features close-coupled, electric-driven pumps thatFranklin Electric FBC Series Centrifugal Pump Horizontal1 utilize NEMA standard 56J-60 Hz threaded shaft motors with 316 stainless steel shaft extensions to form a rugged, compact unit.
Additional Features Include:
- High efficiency performance design for reduced lifetime cost of operation
- Volute can be rotated in 90-degree increments to simplify discharge plumbing
- Suitable for either horizontal or vertical mounting for versatility of installation
- Robust cast iron volute and motor bracket with integral mounting feet for ease of installation
- Back pull-out design enables serviceability without the need to disconnect plumbing
- 316 stainless steel impeller is suitable for handling a wide variety of fluids without corrosion or electrolysis and is resistant to the effects of cavitation
- Mechanical seal, constructed of SiC/SiC/FKM/316 stainless steel (FKM silicon carbide), can withstand mild abrasives and is appropriate for handling a variety of fluids, including those containing hydrocarbons
- Pumps are 100 percent wet tested at the factory to ensure quality and reliability
The FBC Series is offered in both 2-pole (3600 rpm) and 4-pole (1800 rpm) versions. At 3600 rpm, the FBC Series can be used in any application requiring flows of 50-200 gpm and pressures ranging from 15-30 psi, such as turf irrigation or commercial pressure boosting. At 1800 rpm, the pumps produce 40-110 gpm at heads of only 7-22 feet, making them ideal for water feature, water transfer, or fuel oil transfer applications. Models operating at 3600 rpm are available with motors having both open drip proof (ODP) and totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) enclosures, while 1800 rpm models will have TEFC motor enclosures only.
For more information on the FBC Series, click here.
We are pleased to announce the recent launch of FE SelectTM, a digital pump selector software tool that makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and wholesale distributors. This online tool walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data, such as flow and total dynamic head demands, to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Wholesale Distributors – Can quickly formulate a system package for their customers without the need for catalogs or verification from a Franklin Electric representative confirming the quoted products are properly sized and compatible with the recommended primary components
- Contractors – Can generate a quote for the homeowner at list price, reducing waiting time and customer frustration
- Note: All Franklin Electric products will continue to be sold through licensed distributors, but now with FE Select, finding the appropriate products can be much easier
Additional Features of FE Select Include:
- 24/7 accessibility
- A quick price option that allows for mass quoting capabilities based off of a specific component
- Simple software navigation
A large selection of Franklin Electric products are already included in the software to quickly quote job requests serving the agricultural, irrigation, engineered products, and industrial markets. More products will continue to be added over time. The FE Select link will appear on all applicable individual pump product pages on the Franklin Electric website. Users can simply click the link and start quoting.
In addition to FE Select, we will continue to utilize our current pump selector software for products that are waiting to be included in FE Select. To select a product and start using FE Select, click here.
Franklin Electric has appointed Donald P. Kenney as President, North America Water Systems. In this role, Kenney will be responsible for all aspects of the North America Water Systems business that supports the sale of Franklin Electric products to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central America.
Kenney was hired as FE Petro employee number five in 1991. Over the years, he has assumed increasing levels of responsibility, becoming President of FE Petro in 2001, and then President of Franklin Fueling Systems in 2005. In 2013, Kenney was appointed a Vice President of Franklin Electric Co., Inc. and promoted to President, Energy Systems.
We recently introduced two new upgrades to the Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System. Although these changes are small, with no effect to the overall performance or function of the product, we are excited about the positive impact and new application possibilities these changes will have for customers. Beginning immediately (products with a 16L date code/Serial Number prefix), the Inline 400 will come standard with:
- A clear protective rain cover: This durable poly-carbonate cover protects the control head when installed vertically outdoors. By adding this UV-resistant cover to the control head, a NEMA 3R rainproof rating is achieved in all vertical installations. Because this cover is clear, it can remain in place, yet still allow the owner to read the overall system status LED indicators. Using Velcro, the cover is held securely in place, but is quickly removed if any changes are required to the internal electronic control systems. Note: Horizontal installations will continue to be approved for INDOOR use only.
- Standard 1.25-inch male NPT thread connection fittings: These new connections allow for hassle-free installations that are quick, strong, and leak free.
The water and wastewater equipment, treatment and transport’s largest annual show was yet again a fun and educational opportunity for all. Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
New Franklin Products On Display
A few innovations took center stage:
- Enhanced PowerSewer® System
- FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series
For more information on WWETT, click here.