News: Frankly Speaking
WEFTEC 2017, the world’s largest annual water quality technical conference and exhibition, was yet again filled with some of the industry’s most innovative people, companies, and products. If you missed it, click here or the image below for a look at the show from our point of view.
Join us for an interactive in-booth experience with a variety of training opportunities and innovative technology and products at WEFTEC 2017 in booth 3643 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, October 2-4.
New to the booth this year will be multiple hands-on training sessions that will allow attendees to hone their craft and learn about innovative ways to solve their daily challenges. The current schedule for these 15-minute, interactive training sessions is:
- Monday, October 2nd
- 9:30 a.m. – VR Series: A Multitude of Possibilities
- 10:30 a.m. – FE Select: Leveraging Application-based Sizing Software
- 1:30 p.m. – Non-Clog Series: For Rugged and Harsh Applications
- Tuesday, October 3rd
- 9:30 a.m. – Double Your Backup System at Half Your Spend
- 10:30 a.m. – Stay Connected, Be Protected with SubMonitor Connect
- 1:30 p.m. – V4 PowerSewer® System: Alternative Collection Option
In addition, the booth will feature interactive demonstration areas and displays featuring numerous innovations, including:
- FE SelectTM – This digital pump selector software tool makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and distributors. It walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data needed to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Enhanced FPS PowerSewer® System – A flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. The basin’s internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components. The updated tank design provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components. The float tree is spring loaded and easily removable, with a lift handle to simplify pump removal. It features an isolated pump support that accommodates heavier pumps for expanded applications, and it is compatible with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps.
- SubMonitor Connect – Features the innovative FE Connect App that provides three-phase motor protection with the enhanced capabilities of real-time performance monitoring and logging to improve troubleshooting. Other features include: a simple plug-and-play design, universal power supply, 1% power metering, and a NEMA 4X rated display.
WEFTEC 2017 is right around the corner, and we would love to see you in Chicago! Now, you can get in the doors free of charge. Franklin Electric is providing a complimentary registration to all current and potential customers so you can see the latest and greatest the industry has to offer, including our new PowerSewer® System. Follow these easy steps to sign up today:
- Click the link below
- Click “Complimentary Expo Only registration” link
- Click “Go” in the attendee section
- If you have a username and password from a past year, enter it here. If not, go down and register a new account by clicking “Click here to register” on the 4th link below the login area.
Franklin Electric is in booth 3643. See you soon!
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the introduction of the FBC Series Single-Stage Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps to the F Series portfolio of products. The FBC Series features close-coupled, electric-driven pumps thatFranklin Electric FBC Series Centrifugal Pump Horizontal1 utilize NEMA standard 56J-60 Hz threaded shaft motors with 316 stainless steel shaft extensions to form a rugged, compact unit.
Additional Features Include:
- High efficiency performance design for reduced lifetime cost of operation
- Volute can be rotated in 90-degree increments to simplify discharge plumbing
- Suitable for either horizontal or vertical mounting for versatility of installation
- Robust cast iron volute and motor bracket with integral mounting feet for ease of installation
- Back pull-out design enables serviceability without the need to disconnect plumbing
- 316 stainless steel impeller is suitable for handling a wide variety of fluids without corrosion or electrolysis and is resistant to the effects of cavitation
- Mechanical seal, constructed of SiC/SiC/FKM/316 stainless steel (FKM silicon carbide), can withstand mild abrasives and is appropriate for handling a variety of fluids, including those containing hydrocarbons
- Pumps are 100 percent wet tested at the factory to ensure quality and reliability
The FBC Series is offered in both 2-pole (3600 rpm) and 4-pole (1800 rpm) versions. At 3600 rpm, the FBC Series can be used in any application requiring flows of 50-200 gpm and pressures ranging from 15-30 psi, such as turf irrigation or commercial pressure boosting. At 1800 rpm, the pumps produce 40-110 gpm at heads of only 7-22 feet, making them ideal for water feature, water transfer, or fuel oil transfer applications. Models operating at 3600 rpm are available with motors having both open drip proof (ODP) and totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) enclosures, while 1800 rpm models will have TEFC motor enclosures only.
For more information on the FBC Series, click here.
We are pleased to announce the recent launch of FE SelectTM, a digital pump selector software tool that makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and wholesale distributors. This online tool walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data, such as flow and total dynamic head demands, to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Wholesale Distributors – Can quickly formulate a system package for their customers without the need for catalogs or verification from a Franklin Electric representative confirming the quoted products are properly sized and compatible with the recommended primary components
- Contractors – Can generate a quote for the homeowner at list price, reducing waiting time and customer frustration
- Note: All Franklin Electric products will continue to be sold through licensed distributors, but now with FE Select, finding the appropriate products can be much easier
Additional Features of FE Select Include:
- 24/7 accessibility
- A quick price option that allows for mass quoting capabilities based off of a specific component
- Simple software navigation
A large selection of Franklin Electric products are already included in the software to quickly quote job requests serving the agricultural, irrigation, engineered products, and industrial markets. More products will continue to be added over time. The FE Select link will appear on all applicable individual pump product pages on the Franklin Electric website. Users can simply click the link and start quoting.
In addition to FE Select, we will continue to utilize our current pump selector software for products that are waiting to be included in FE Select. To select a product and start using FE Select, click here.
Franklin Electric has appointed Donald P. Kenney as President, North America Water Systems. In this role, Kenney will be responsible for all aspects of the North America Water Systems business that supports the sale of Franklin Electric products to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central America.
Kenney was hired as FE Petro employee number five in 1991. Over the years, he has assumed increasing levels of responsibility, becoming President of FE Petro in 2001, and then President of Franklin Fueling Systems in 2005. In 2013, Kenney was appointed a Vice President of Franklin Electric Co., Inc. and promoted to President, Energy Systems.
We recently introduced two new upgrades to the Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System. Although these changes are small, with no effect to the overall performance or function of the product, we are excited about the positive impact and new application possibilities these changes will have for customers. Beginning immediately (products with a 16L date code/Serial Number prefix), the Inline 400 will come standard with:
- A clear protective rain cover: This durable poly-carbonate cover protects the control head when installed vertically outdoors. By adding this UV-resistant cover to the control head, a NEMA 3R rainproof rating is achieved in all vertical installations. Because this cover is clear, it can remain in place, yet still allow the owner to read the overall system status LED indicators. Using Velcro, the cover is held securely in place, but is quickly removed if any changes are required to the internal electronic control systems. Note: Horizontal installations will continue to be approved for INDOOR use only.
- Standard 1.25-inch male NPT thread connection fittings: These new connections allow for hassle-free installations that are quick, strong, and leak free.
The water and wastewater equipment, treatment and transport’s largest annual show was yet again a fun and educational opportunity for all. Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
New Franklin Products On Display
A few innovations took center stage:
- Enhanced PowerSewer® System
- FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series
For more information on WWETT, click here.
The versatility of submersible pumps is uncanny, yet many professionals still don’t know the many different uses for them. At WWETT 2017, Franklin Electric submersible pump expert Jessie Hinther will explore this very topic and look into the hundreds of applications they succeed in to help you be more efficient with your business. Check it out:
Presentation: The Very Versatile Submersible
Date: Wednesday, February 22
Time: 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Location: WWETT 2017, Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
The WWETT show is the world’s largest annual trade show in the environmental service industry and full of information and new products that can benefit your business. If you’re able to attend the show, stop by Franklin Electric booth 2839 to see the new PowerSewer® System and IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series as well!
New and innovative! Franklin Electric will display multiple pumping innovations at the WWETT 2017 Exhibition and Conference, in Booth 2839, February 23-25. On display will be:
- Redesigned and improved FPS PowerSewer® System – A more flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. This low-pressure sewer system pumps residential wastewater to a collection or treatment area, making it a proven alternative to gravity sewer systems and septic tanks. The basin’s internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components. The updated design of the new tank also provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components. The float tree is spring loaded and easily removable, with a lift handle to simplify pump removal. In addition, the redesigned FPS PowerSewer System features an isolated pump support that can accommodate heavier pumps for expanded applications. This provides added installation flexibility through the compatibility with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps, including the new FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series, and any single phase, three phase, manual, or automatic version of Franklin Electric’s high head grinder pumps. Inclusion of the FPS high head grinder allows the updated FPS PowerSewer System to produce a maximum shut off head of 200 feet, with a maximum flow of 35 gpm.
- New FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series – Delivers increased pump security and performance ideal for commercial and high-end residential applications. The IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series utilizes two mechanical seals, coupled with sensor probe and seal leak detection circuitry in the panel, to provide added pump protection that can extend the overall pump life. If water enters the oil chamber, a light in the control panel will illuminate and indicate that the first seal requires replacement. The second seal continues to protect the pump so that it can maintain full functionality until the first seal can be changed. Upon the replacement of the first seal, the pump can be put back in service at peak performance levels. It efficiently pumps sewage slurries up to 130 feet and features a patented cutting system that grinds at 414,000 cuts per minute.
For more info on WWETT, click here.